Having an extravagant fashion sense is nothing lesser than a blessing.
Dressing just, similar to the ongoing trend, is not what we call a fashion sense, but it is a thing to dress up according to your body, physique, and style and slay it in your way rather than depicting others.
When it comes to designing a dress or look that compliments your body, it's important to understand the minor elements and details present in the garment to make it perfectly enhance your style.
Before buying or creating an outfit, you must consider a few factors that quickly amplify your body features, such as its fabric, texture, print, patterns, etc. Fashion sense relates to a thought that defines:
- How to show off the delicacy of your original features without hiding or mimicking them.
- What specific look is best for your body?
- What is that particular garment specification that combines to look pulled together?
In this article, we will help you understand the different body shapes a woman can have and the variety of fabrics that make you look and feel fabulous!
Once you get to know your body type, it will be effortless to understand the type of cloth and design that suits you flawlessly. Let's look at a few body types and fabrics or designs that suit it best.
Most demanding fabrics in the market
The common types of fabric that are mostly used in different types of garments to meet the latest fashion standards are:
Cotton is the most versatile fabric used in various applications due to its numerous beneficial properties. It is super soft and comfortable to wear with natural breathable qualities. It is a durable fabric that is easy to care for and last longer than others.
Silk is another demanding fabric in the fashion industry that gives a pure luxurious feel, smooth texture, and natural sheen. It is a top choice for high-end clothing and intimate apparel. Silk has exceptional drape, which gives the garments an elegant and flattering look, making it a preferred choice for drape lovers.
To give a soft and romantic look to the attire, chiffon is a common choice. It is a lightweight, sheer fabric known for its delicate and elegant appearance. It is mainly used to design ethereal and flowing garments. It adds elegance and sophistication to the outfit, whether in loose-fitting details or with fancy details like ruffles, pleats, or lace accents. It gives a romantic and dreamy feel and is widely used in wedding and bridal wear.
Velvet has been a foremost choice in the fashion industry for centuries. It is often used to create elegant and formal dresses. It is popular for evening gowns, cocktail dresses, and holiday party attire. It has rich jewel-tone colors and various silhouettes. It adds a touch of luxury and glamour to the attire. Velvet trousers can be styled with blouses, sweaters, or blazers for a chic and polished look.
Acrylic fabric is a synthetic fabric that is used in the replacement of wool. It is widely used in the production of faux fur garments and accessories. If you want a garment that gives you prominent stretch, warmth, softness, and durability, then acrylic is your go-to thing.
Hourglass Body Type and fabric that compliments it:
The hourglass body type is characterized by a well-defined waist, with the bust and hips proportionate and balanced. The shoulders are usually aligned with the hips, creating a curvy silhouette. To enhance the hourglass body type, look for fabrics that drape and follow your body's natural curves, such as soft knits or stretchy materials.
- Opt for medium-weight fabrics that provide structure without adding bulk.
- Choose fabrics with a stretch to ensure a comfortable and flattering fit.
- Consider fabrics with patterns or textures that highlight your curves without overwhelming your figure.
Pear Body Type and fabrics that complement it:
The pear body type features wider hips and thighs compared to the bust. The waist is relatively smaller, and the shoulders are narrower. The pear shape often has a more defined waistline.
- Select fabrics that skim over the hips and thighs, such as flowy fabrics like chiffon, silk, or lightweight knits.
- Look for fabrics that create balance by adding volume to the upper body, such as ruffled or textured materials.
- Avoid clingy or stiff fabrics around the hips and thighs, as they can accentuate the lower body
Apple Body Type and fabrics that complement it
The apple body type typically has a rounder midsection, with the bust and waist wider than the hips. The shoulders may appear broader, and the legs are often slimmer.
- Choose fabrics that drape and flow away from the midsection, such as lightweight knits or woven fabrics with a gentle stretch.
- Opt for fabrics with a bit of structure, like thicker cotton blends or knits that provide a smoothing effect.
- Consider fabrics with vertical stripes or patterns to create a lengthening and slimming effect.
Rectangle Body Type and fabrics that complement it
Look for fabrics that add curves and definition to your rectangular figure, such as textured fabrics, ruffles, or fabrics with details around the bust and hips.
- Choose fabrics that create the illusion of a defined waist, like belts or cinched styles.
- Experiment with fabrics that have volume and movement, such as chiffon or lightweight fabrics with draping
Everyone's body is unique in their way. Personal styling and comfort are everyone's priorities. Everyone must experiment with different fabrics, cuts, and styles to find a look that suits their personality and physique perfectly.
An attire that ultimately boosts confidence and charm in your personality and makes you comfortable in your skin is the most suitable one for you.
Be a real fashionista in your way!
Choose the fabric with accurate detailing and design to hide your flaws and enhance your promising features to depict a real admiring look.